Sunday, October 9, 2011

New beginnings.

Wow. It's been SO long since I updated this blog.

I can't believe I'm in my 3rd year of medical school now. Somehow I managed to get through the first 2 years of medical school, pass the Step 1 with a decent score, and finally get my drivers license!! Oh and did I mention, I also got engaged last year ^__^ Sure, I struggled at times and shed a lot of tears along the way, actually I was dangerously close to quitting so many times, but I'm still here aren't I? I keep telling myself - what doesn't kill me will make me stronger! I never ever EVER thought I'd make it this far in medical school. I still remember looking up at the wise third years in their white coats when I first started medical school, admiring them and being intimidated at the same time. Gosh, I still can't believe I'm one of them now. The past 2 years have been excruciatingly painful at times, I felt like my soul got broken over and over again. I was lonely, depressed, frustrated, stressed out (pretty sure I developed some peptic ulcers along the way), sleep deprived, and unhappy. At some point in my struggle, I forgot why I chose to go into medicine in the first place. Well, thank GOD for third year, I feel like I'm slowly digging myself out of this depression hole. I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of what feels to be a never-ending tunnel.

Anyways, I wanted to start posting on here on a regular basis. I think I'm going to try to be more positive. Since I bought a new camera, I will also try taking more pictures so I can post them here. Also, I wanted to start blogging about makeup here, since I'm such a youtube makeup nerd but don't have the time to make my own videos. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment